kibana.autocompleteTerminateAfter': is not allowed

Hi there,

Have there been any recent changes or deprecations with kibana.autocompleteTerminateAfter? I recently had this value configured in my kibana.yml file (using 7.14 on Elastic Cloud) but now, when I try to update the value, I receive the following error (no matter what value I set it to between 0 and 10000000).

kibana.autocompleteTerminateAfter': is not allowed

Note: The reason I set this configuration is to remove the warning symbols that appear next to the lookup fields on my Kibana dashboards. When hovering over the icon, the following pop-up text is displayed: "Terms list might be incomplete because the request is taking too long. Adjust the autocomplete settings in kibana.yml for complete results".

Thanks!

Hi @lifeowl,

This indeed was renamed into data.autocomplete.valueSuggestions.terminateAfter
With the rename in Kibana we've also changed allowlisting in cloud so that kibana.autocompleteTerminateAfter is no longer allowed, but we made a configuration mistake and didn't allow new data.autocomplete.valueSuggestions.terminateAfter . This will be fixed in future cloud releases. Until this is fixed you can use old kibana.autocompleteTerminateAfter but only for versions before 7.14 :frowning:

Thanks, @dosant.

I’m not necessarily seeing or feeling any performance impact in this case, but rather my client is hoping to remove the warning icons for user experience considerations.

That said, is there a way to hide or remove the warning icon in my dashboard visualizations in 7.14 Elastic Cloud? I had thought about introducing some custom CSS via plugins but, in Elastic Cloud, custom plugins are limited to Gold and Enterprise account types. And I’d prefer not to downgrade as I’m leveraging some 7.14-specific features (like Fingerprint Processor).

Thanks!

Also, any chance that "data.autocomplete.valueSuggestions.terminateAfter" made it into 7.16.0 which is now available in Elastic Cloud? I'm seeing it now in kibana/kibana.yml at main · elastic/kibana · GitHub. If not, do you know what release the fix is targeted for, and when it might be available (days, weeks, months)?

Thanks!

@lifeowl, sorry could not give a better ETA then a couple of weeks.

If that can't wait, then I'd reach out through support channel about this instead of discuss. Support engineer should be able to force override the config through cloud console

Any updates on this?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.