Kibana Canvas is throwing unusual weird error

Hello Team,

I'm facing following error when i trying to install canvas plugin into kibana

even i have installed all version correctly in machine.

Please provide me a appropriate solution regarding such issue.

Regards,
Yash M.

This is a cryptic Kibana error, what it's trying to say is that you are running Kibana version 6.2.4, but the plugin you're trying to install expects you to be running 6.3.0. You'll need to upgrade your stack to 6.3.0 to run the latest version of Canvas. As stated in the installation instructions:

During the technology preview period, Canvas will be published as a separate plugin to allow us to iterate quickly based on user feedback. It will require the latest GA versions of Elasticsearch, Kibana, and X-Pack, and should be installed outside of your production environment on a dev/test system.

You can grab the latest release from the downloads page. Alternatively, you may opt to use an older release that was built to work with 6.2.4 if you can't upgrade. The last version that worked before the 6.3.0 release was kibana-canvas-0.1.1985.zip.

Hi @Joe_Fleming,

As you said in following line:

Installation was successful but not able to start kibana service. and in /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log there is not any error is showing regarding this. Could you tell me what might be all possible reason behind this error.

Regards,
Yash M.

in /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log there is not any error

There wouldn't be, if something is wrong it's probably the Kibana instance. Can you check for error messages in /var/log/elasticsearch/kibana.log (I think that's the right path anyway...)?

I didn't think that file will be there because kibana bydefault is not creating any log files and i didn't defined any path in kibana to store kibana logs.

by default is not creating any log files

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. You might have some output in your system logs then, or you can enable the log output. Either way, Kibana should give you some kind of output explaining why it won't start.

Not sure, because i'm using kibana on centos platform and it's run as a daemon service. i don't think i will get any log regarding that. So, now i guess i only option remains to enable kibana logging in kibana.yml file.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.