Kibana dashboard tab unresponsive

(Richard) #1

Hi all,

I have installed ELK on an existing Ubuntu 12.04 server, by following these DigitalOcean instructions, even though they are explicitly for 14.04. I tested them first on a 14.04 droplet and all works 100%

After repeating on my 12.04 server everything works 100% except the dashboard tab. When i click it the url changes, but nothing happens at all, the screen remains on whatever screen i was on before. If i hit Refresh with the dashboard link in the address bar, i get a blank page with only the main Kibana header.

This is a fresh Kibana 4.3 install. I see no errors in any logs (unless i am missing something).

Any ideas what might cause this and if its fixable?

Thanks!
Richard

(Jon Budzenski) #2

I made an attempt at reproducing on a fresh VM and didn't have any luck. What browser (and version) are you using? Are there any errors in the browser console?

(Richard) #3

Hi Jon,

I also installed on a fresh box and had no issues, so it seems its specific to this server. All apt updates seem to be in place. I have reinstalled Kibana from scratch and have the same issue.

I have tried on these browsers, same issue exists:

Chrome (Mac) Version 47.0.2526.111 (64-bit)
Safari (Mac) Version 9.0.3 (10601.4.4)

See screenshot of console in Chrome which does indicate an error:

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

(Jon Budzenski) #4

There was a recent bug that may have caused this issue. Running a snapshot of the master branch first, for example, might cause this.

Can you try exporting your saved objects, deleting the .kibana index from elasticsearch, and reimporting?

(Richard) #5

Looks like you nailed it :slight_smile:

I had no objects to export so just did a
curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/.kibana
and then rebuilt the index and now the dashboard tab has become responsive!

Thanks for the help, i will create a few objects and see how things go :slight_smile:

(system) #6