Kibana dashboard to dashboard drill down with inherited filters and data from current dashboard

I have two kibana 7.8 dashboard call A and B.

I made a markdown visualization with hyper link to dashboard "B".

And I load the markdown on dashboard "A".

Now I want to navigate to the dashboard "A" to "B" through this markdown link.

But the link is static. I want to take the date range and filters applied by user while navigate from dashboard "A" to "B".

Following is the link to navigate with static values.

http://some-kibana-url-example/app/kibana#/dashboard/0c0c2500-b44f-11ea-ad27-71dd3661aeb9?_g=(filters:!(),refreshInterval:(pause:!t,value:0),time:(from:now-24h,to:now))&_a=(description:'',filters:!(('$state':(store:appState),meta:(alias:!n,controlledBy:'1593826163173',disabled:!f,index:'4b691960-b44a-11ea-ad27-71dd3661aeb9',key:host_label.keyword,negate:!f,params:(query:'Mail%20Server'),type:phrase),query:(match_phrase:(host_label.keyword:'Mail%20Server')))),fullScreenMode:!f,options:(hidePanelTitles:!f,useMargins:!t),query:(language:kuery,query:''),timeRestore:!t,title:'Infra%20Performance',viewMode:view)

How can i parameterize following two block to take current value set by user, from dashboard "A"?

time:(from: now-24h ,to: now )

(host_label.keyword: 'Mail%20Server' )

Hi @sugunan,

Dashboard to dashboard drill down is not available at the moment, but you can use pin filters on dashboard A and they will be applied on dashboard B automatically. For data range you can also set a filter for related field (like timestamp) and pin it.

Update: actually with 7.8 you should be able to create a drill down action and carry over filters and time to other dashboard

Regards, Dzmitry

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.