Kibana Data Table Pagination

Hi there,

I am new to elk and kibana. I have created this data table using 'kibana sample ecommerce data' by going through these steps 1. Dashboards-> 2.Create Panel->3.Aggregation based->4. Data Tables. And I dragged few columns into the data table by keeping aggregation as unique count. For the last 24 hours, it shows 134 records in single page and I want to be shown in 2-3 pages. So, please help me in acheiving this?

Lens is currently not able to do this, there is an open feature request for this: [Lens] Table pagination · Issue #96778 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

However, the aggregation based data table does support this feature. You have to switch from "Data" to "Options" in the top right:

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. So, if we need pagination we should use aggregation based datatable rather than going through lens->datatable correct?

And how can one add columns in the new data table. Previously there, It was simple drag and drop kind of thing.

Thanks for your time

Thanks for your reply. So, if we need pagination we should use aggregation based datatable rather than going through lens->datatable correct?

That's correct.

And how can one add columns in the new data table. Previously there, It was simple drag and drop kind of thing.

You need to add buckets (for splitting up rows) and metrics (for showing aggregated metric columns).

For the table in your screenshot you need a "split rows" bucket using a terms aggregation for the gender, category and customer first name columns and a count metric for the count of records column.

Thanks for your help. Yes , I was able to do it.
Sorry to bother you again, please share some link for beginners in kibana.
And also is server side pagination available in Kibana.
And the pagination in kibana. is it like lazy loading?

Once again, Thanks for your time.

Our official guide should give a good intro into everything: Kibana Guide [8.11] | Elastic

And also is server side pagination available in Kibana.
And the pagination in kibana. is it like lazy loading?

We are not doing server side pagination at the moment, the aggregated data table pagination is purely client side for UX reasons.

Thanks for the information.
I have one last query.
Does triggering UI Actions/Buttons like edit,add and delete are available for kibana(Datatable etc.)?
Ex: I want to have a UI button/pop - up when accessed/clicked it should show options for editing a row in datatable or deleting the row etc?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.