Kibana - Embedding dashboard in website with dynamic filter param

Hi

I have the same needs as this blog some years back .

I want to embbed dashboard on my website:

• i need to know how to pass URL filters dynamically so i can show each customer only their dashboard data based in customer_id field or other fields.
  • Also how to remove the topbar add filter so they can create own filters
  • And how to hide/remove the loading kibana picture while it is loading so users dont know we are using kibana as whitelabel.
1 Like
  • i need to know how to pass URL filters dynamically so i can show each customer only their dashboard data based in customer_id field or other fields.

Those are part of the _a parameter of the URL. The easiest way to learn more is to go to Kibana, open a dashboard, add a filter and see how the _a parameter looks like. It's a rison-encoded javascript object.

E.g. this is an example of a "build.branch" matching "master": &_a=(description:'',filters:!(('$state':(store:appState),meta:(alias:!n,disabled:!f,index:b646ed00-7efc-11e8-bf69-63c8ef516157,key:build.branch,negate:!f,params:(query:master,type:phrase),type:phrase,value:master),query:(match:(build.branch:(query:master,type:phrase)))))

• Also how to remove the topbar add filter so they can create own filters

In the upcoming version 7.9 this will be configurable via URL parameter (with a UI in the "Share" context menu), but for earlier versions you will have to modify Kibana source code.

• And how to hide/remove the loading kibana picture while it is loading so users dont know we are using kibana as whitelabel.

You will have to modify the source code for this as well. Being able to configure this is planned but there is no target release version yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.