Kibana icon on Uptime app

Hello,

I noticed a cosmetic issue on Uptime app (Heartbeat). When I go to the tab, I notice that the Kibana icon is not visible on header bar when I'm on this app. I would like to know if it's normal, otherwise, I would report this bug.

I easily reproduced this on multiple configurations (Linux and Windows), simply by deploying a simple suite of service : Elasticsearch + Kibana + Heartbeat, without any custom configuration.

Edit : I tested with all versions until the issue disappears and I noticed the icon was visible in 7.4.2 stack, but not in the releases after.

Edit 2 : Moved to Kibana subforum, because the issue comes from Kibana : I tested with Kibana 7.4.2 + ES 7.5.2 + Heartbeat 7.5.2 (I know this is bad, but it eliminates some possibilities) and in this setup, the icon is visible.

Hey @RoroTiti, which version(s) of Kibana are you not seeing the Kibana icon on? Which OS is the Kibana server running on, how did you install Kibana, and what browser are you using to view Kibana?

Hi @Brandon_Kobel and thanks for your reply.

The Kibana icon is absent on Kibana 7.5.0, 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 (I tested all). I installed Kibana on Ubuntu Server 18.04 with both APT and Docker methods and on Windows (10 and Server 2019) with ZIP method. I visit Kibana using Firefox and Chrome, both in latest versions.

To be more precise on the issue, I noticed some things. First of all, the Kibana icon seems to be visible on Uptime page until it fetches the uptime data from the server. In other words, when the loading indicator is visible, Kibana icon is visible. As soon as the data to display is fetched, the Kibana icon disappears. Also, I noticed that the SVG tag containing the icon is empty when the icon is not visible.

Edit : I tested the Kibana server both localhost and remotely installed. The remotely accessed server has been tested both with reverse proxy and without.

To be more precise on the issue, I noticed some things. First of all, the Kibana icon seems to be visible on Uptime page until it fetches the uptime data from the server.

Thanks for this clarification, I've been able to replicate what you're reporting in 7.5.x and in the most recent code. Would you mind opening a bug for this? Nice catch!

Sure I will! I will do that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick support, really appreciated!

1 Like

Done : https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/56722

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.