Kibana migration 7.10.2 to 7.11.2 Fleet upgrade issues

Has anyone found a way to upgrade Kibana from 7.10.2 to 7.11.x with Fleet running and activate agents. I have 400ish agents entering data with fleet "yes it's beta" and the upgrade can't finish. On another test cluster with 42 agents it took 30 minutes to complete.

In Kibana log:
Migrating saved objects fleet-agent-events:--client id and migration.

I let the upgrade run for 48 hours and it never finished. No it's not resources limited. Obviously I could delete data but that's a last ditch as that leaves me having to restore.

Is it possible to have Kibana start before updating data so that you can actually use it? For example this wonderful thing called uptime was added and it kind of a core thing in a noc to have useable...

Hi,

thank you for testing Fleet!

It sounds like you've run into 7.11.0 saved object migrations take very long to complete due to huge number of fleet-agent-events · Issue #91869 · elastic/kibana · GitHub -- to remedy the situation, you can delete all fleet-agent-events saved objects with

POST .kibana/_delete_by_query
{
  "query": {
    "bool": {
      "must": 
        {
          "term": {
            "type": "fleet-agent-events"
          }
        }
    }
  }
}

They are no longer needed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.