Fleet Elastic Agent Upgrade only partially available

After upgrading from 8.12.1 to 8.12.2, only 4 of my agents are displaying upgrade available (non of them are fleet-server).

Could this be due to the problem resolve of the other known issue or is this a new bug?

I know I could try upgrading them via API or manually, but I wanted to make sure nothing else might be broken.

Screenshot:

Is this a self-managed or a cloud cluster?
Has Kibana been upgraded?
Are the fleet-server instances running 8.12.2?

I am having the same issue in a self-managed cluster.

Kibana has been updated, but I can't upgrade the fleet-server instances, because they are not shown as "Update available".

All agents are installed from tarballs and were able to be upgraded before.

Is the Fleet Server on 8.12.2 as well?

There is a know issue about this.

I had the same issue, I'm still on 8.12.1, but I've upgraded the Fleet Sever manually to 8.12.2 and it seems to have fixed this.

No. I wasn't able to upgrade the fleet-server because of that issue.

I avoided doing it manually to be able to figure out the issue, but I guess if it's already known I'll just do that.

That said - my agents are on 8.12.1, not 8.12.0?

The issue is still present on 8.12.1, it affects 8.12.0 and 8.12.1.

The linked issue also has a workaround, did you check it?

Yes. I've tried the workaround, but the curl command is just returning an Empty reply from server and the agents still don't want to be updated.

I have now upgraded the fleet-server manually with

/opt/Elastic/Agent/elastic-agent upgrade 8.12.2

which took longer than what felt right, but it looks that now all other agents seem to want to be upgraded too.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.