Kibana : No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue

Hi, I am a beginner in elasticsearch, I installed elasticsearch 6.2.3 and kibana 6.2.3 on a single-node cluster (centos 6.9), I used hortonworks.

this is my elasticsearch :

I want to connect my hive database with elasticsearch and just for testing I created 2 external table as follows :

create external table test2 (str1 string, str2 string)
stored by 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource' = 'test2/test2', 'es.index.read.missing.as.empty'='true');

create external table test (str1 string, str2 string)
stored by 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource' = 'test/test', 'es.index.read.missing.as.empty'='true');

And I inserted a row test in both of them like this :

insert into table test values ('1','2');

insert into table test2 values ('1','2');

Describtion of tables :

check indices in elasticsearch :

192.168.4.101:9200/test

192.168.4.101:9200/test2

until now everything is fine, but when I access the kibana interface to create my own dashboard, it tells me that No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue.

I want to inform you that I have not installed logstach because I do not need to do stats on log files I just installed elasticsearch and kibana and I also add jar files needed for connection with hive.

thank you for helping me please, maybe I have not yet understood the principle of elastic indices :disappointed_relieved:

Kibana just needs to know which indices you want to work with. So for the index pattern you can enter test, test2, or if you want to be able to work with the data in both indices at the same time, you can you a wildcard like test*.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.