Kibana search filters switching back and forth on Firefox

Hi everyone, I've got a weird and hopefully minor issue that showed up after updating from Kibana/Elastic 7.2 to 7.3.

When two or more filter bubble exists under the filter bar, they start quickly swapping back and forth. Additionally, the _a value in the URL bar swaps with it. No new traffic is sent from the browser however, the filters are not applied. It works fine if the filters are typed and kept in the filter bar, or if there is only one filter 'bubble' under the bar, but not multiple filters.

This is what it looks like:

I've got the latest Firefox (68.0.2) but it seems to work fine in Chrome. It's not a big deal to use Chrome on my monitors, but it would be interesting to see if it's something that could be changed in Kibana or Firefox to make it work again.

Hmm that's strange! This happens any time you have two filters? And they just keep switching back and forth like that forever? Are there any special steps to reproduce the issue?

Not that I've been able to identify, other than opening up kibana in Firefox on both my workstation and the monitor that we run our dashboards on. Checking two or more filters brings up the behavior.

It looks like this was reported by other users on our Github repo. We'll have to investigate it. You can follow the issue for any updates: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/43263

Thank you so much for finding that! I'll follow the repo for an update!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.