Kibana visualization showing data as "Other"

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue where some of the data on visualizations including in tables/dashboards appear as "Other". The index that holds this data have no data with that particular word. What could be the reason for this anomaly? When I removed them via the include/exclude icons it goes and create a filter with those lines. In those lines I could see the actual data it has replaced with the word "Other". I tried to find any pattern in data like null values or similar for this issue to occur but found nothing.

Thank you for your time and answers.

Answer to this one lies in the Kibana designers Top Values settings. The maximum is 100. So anything more than that it seems to identify as "Other".

Yes, thats right . The max number is 100. The reason we limit them is that the tables are built using aggregations (same as any other visualization). Elasticsearch has a limit on the number of buckets it can work with for each query (read the docs about search.max_buckets ). For an open control of that number of values, you can try the visualization called Data Table (under Visualizations > Create). It allows you to enter any number (although the same ES max_buckets limitation still applies). Rest of them are identified as other.

Thanks
Rashmi

Hi @online

As you can see we are not all guys :slight_smile:

Interesting there has been an update...

As of 7.14 The lens table now supports 1000 rows for Top N, today there is no a visualization with infinite rows.

We just had a conversation about this in this thread

That's interesting to know. Thanks you for updating @stephenb

1 Like

Thanks @stephenb, Appreciates your reply and and noted. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks @rashmi, Appreciates your reply and and noted. Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.