Local kibana does not connect to Elastic Cloud trial instance

Hello,

I'm having difficulties trying to connect a local kibana to the elastic cloud ES.

I'm using:
Kibana: 6.5.1
elastic cloud ES 6.5.1

First I have installed Full stack ELK on the local server and it's working fine.
Than I send alert via logstash to the cloud instance and no problem either.
But once I have configured the trial elastic cloud end point in kibana.yml file ( elastic search url, username, password) I have the folowing error:

License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster.

Find related files below:

kibana.yml
kibana.log

Can you please help me understand my error ?

Hey @R4v3n , are you able to connect to Elasticsearch from the server running Kibana using a curl command similar to the following?

curl -u yourusername:yourpassword https://mycloud.eu-west-1.aws.found.io:9243

Hello @Brandon_Kobel,

yes I was able to connect to Elasticsearch using a curl command.

I found the problem actually, the latest kibana version onboard the X-pack plugins and the x-pack plugin is not available on the ES Trial version of the Elastic cloud.

I had to reinstall a kibana-oss version to make it work.

It was a bit hard to find but I finally got it :slight_smile:

Anyway thanks for your time.

I don't think that's right, even the trial version includes Platinum level features.

Hi @warkolm,

This is what I understood from the documentation that Platinium version is available. Now I was not able to make it work and I went for downgrade my kibana version.

Any hint on why kibana is complaining about "License information from the X-Pack plugin" ?

You'd need to share the complete error, preferably as a screenshot.

You can find full error log in the kibana.log (end of the file)

Here is the screenshoot:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.