Marvel menus don't work

monitoring

(Florin Andrei) #1

ES-2.0.0, Marvel-2.0.0, Kibana-4.2.1, Ubuntu-14.04

I've installed license, marvel-agent, and marvel per the docs. Went into Kibana, and switched to Marvel. In the Your Clusters table it shows one line with the main cluster, but that's it.

Select the main cluster, then click on Indices or Nodes in the menu does nothing. All I see is the overview table with one line in it for the main cluster.

In elasticsearch.yml I've added this line (then restarted ES) but it doesn't change anything:

action.auto_create_index: .marvel-*

These are the current indices:

# curl 'http://localhost:9200/_cat/indices?v'
health status index                 pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.30     5   1   17670608            0      3.8gb          3.8gb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.12.02     5   1     475475            0    151.1mb        151.1mb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.29     5   1    8695597            0      1.9gb          1.9gb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.25     5   1   15417899            0      3.4gb          3.4gb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.28     5   1    9314084            0        2gb            2gb 
yellow open   .marvel-es-data         1   1          1            0      6.7kb          6.7kb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.27     5   1    8779862            0      1.9gb          1.9gb 
yellow open   .kibana                 1   1          3            2     24.9kb         24.9kb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.11.26     5   1    8146690            0      1.7gb          1.7gb 
yellow open   .marvel-es-2015.12.02   1   1       2148          264      1.3mb          1.3mb 
yellow open   .marvel-es-2015.12.01   1   1        761          304    420.6kb        420.6kb 
yellow open   filebeat-2015.12.01     5   1   21112162            0      4.6gb          4.6gb 

In the ES logs I see this:

[2015-12-02 00:11:34,633][INFO ][rest.suppressed          ] /.marvel-es-*/_field_stats Params: {level=indices, ignore_unavailable=true, index=.marvel-es-*}
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.elasticsearch.action.fieldstats.TransportFieldStatsTransportAction.newResponse(TransportFieldStatsTransportAction.java:122)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.fieldstats.TransportFieldStatsTransportAction.newResponse(TransportFieldStatsTransportAction.java:54)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$AsyncBroadcastAction.finishHim(TransportBroadcastAction.java:229)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$AsyncBroadcastAction.onOperation(TransportBroadcastAction.java:194)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$AsyncBroadcastAction$1.handleResponse(TransportBroadcastAction.java:174)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$AsyncBroadcastAction$1.handleResponse(TransportBroadcastAction.java:161)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$DirectResponseChannel.processResponse(TransportService.java:785)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$DirectResponseChannel.sendResponse(TransportService.java:769)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$DirectResponseChannel.sendResponse(TransportService.java:759)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$ShardTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportBroadcastAction.java:268)
	at org.elasticsearch.action.support.broadcast.TransportBroadcastAction$ShardTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportBroadcastAction.java:264)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.doRun(TransportService.java:350)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

(system) #2