I developed a local plugin to kibana 7.4.2, work and running without any issues.
Currently I am trying to migrate this plugin to kibana 7.12 but there is not enough explanation regarding this subject.
Migrating legacy plugins to the Kibana Platform | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic
I read the documentation above, but it doesn't contain enough practical information.
Here are the steps I made so far:
- Downloaded the elasticsearch 7.12 zip file, extracted it and ran
- Cloned the kibana repo and checkout to 7.12 branch, ran the
yarn kbn bootstrapand then
yarn startcommand on localhost:5601
- Both elasticsearch and kibana works locally
- Then I copied my plugins from the 7.4.2 to the ./kibana directory under the 7.12 kibana branch
- Those plugins are working fine on kibana 7.4.2 but I can't see them at the kibana visualize library on kibana 7.12
- I have the correct Node + Yarn versions
Plus, I tried to copy the plugin itself to the kibana 7.12 ./kibana directory, but when I run
yarn start the kibana at localhost:5601 doesn't recognize this plugin.
Is there anyone who can help me doing that? Where to begin? I am chasing my tail here.