Missing bin/kibana-plugin on 5.4.0 k8s cluster install

(L M Davis) #1

Hello!

I just installed Kibana and Elasticsearch 5.4.0 on a kubernetes cluster, and while I was able to install x-pack on the elasticsearch pods just fine, the kibana-plugin seems to be missing on the kibana pod. I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong, but since I'm very new to ELK, I don't have the foggiest what that would be. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Cheers!
Lisa

(L M Davis) #2

Nevermind - I found it!

(Bhavya R M) #3

Hi,

Would you please write down how you found the answer here?

Thanks,
Bhavya

(L M Davis) #4

When logging in to the kibana pod in the kubernetes cluster, the entry point will show you an /bin directory, but it's the system level bin directory, not the one you want to install a plugin. To install a plugin (like x-pack), navigate to this directory instead: /usr/share/kibana and then run bin/kibana-plugin install x-pack. Also, it took about 20-30 min for my install to complete. Not sure if that normal...

(L M Davis) #5

One more thing...to be clear, when I say "logging into the kibana pod", I mean executing a kubectl exec command, which is effectively ssh into the pod.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.