Need daily data report

Hello guys,

I have one question related to kibana alert feature. I want to send daily mail which includes excel sheet shows how much data we are getting daily in Elasticsearch index?

is it possible without using any scripts only from kibana?

Hi, it's possible to design a data table visualization in Kibana Lens or TSVB showing the data you are interested in, and download a CSV file containing the data. Unfortunately, there is not a way to automate the generation of the CSV with something like a weekly email attachment or saving a file somewhere.

There is an issue in the Kibana issue tracker to request this feature: [Reporting] Exporting raw data from table-based visualizations · Issue #30982 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Sorry this didn't completely help, but feel free to comment on that issue with your use case. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replay.
For my use case, I don't need any visualisation, I just need to send email by attaching daily incoming data excel or CSV report automatically.

It seems not possible in Kibana for now.

I'm not familiar with Watcher and not sure about the detail, but your purpose seems to be nearly achieved by using Watcher. It is possible to send an e-mail with attatchment constructed from the executed context as json or yaml type.

See also Watcher | Kibana Guide [8.2] | Elastic.

got it Tomo_m.
watcher can help me to send an email. However, I want to attached daily received data report as well in the mail. do you know how it can be doable?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.