Plugins does not load ES 2.4

I built the plugin (analysis-icu, version 2.4) and copied the jars (elasticsearch-analysis-icu*.jar and its dependent jars) to ES directory (/Users/witte/Documents/elasticsearch-2.4.0/plugins). So my plugins directory looks something like this (/Users/witte/Documents/elasticsearch-2.4.0/plugins/anaysis-icu/elasticsearch-analysis-icu*.jar , /Users/witte/Documents/elasticsearch-2.4.0/plugins/analysis-icu/icu4j*.jar and /Users/witte/Documents/elasticsearch-2.4.0/plugins/analysis-icu/lucene-analyzers-icu-*.jar).

But when I restart the nodes in my cluster, I see the plugins not loaded. The files have 644 and directory has 755 permissions. Any help would be appreciated.

When you restart the nodes and plugins fail to load, is there any indication in the logs as to what might be failing?

Jars are not the only thing in a plugin. There is also plugin descriptor and (possibly) a security file.

However, why are you trying to copy a plugin installation? You would also be missing configuration files (which some plugins have), that are in the elasticsearch config directory. The best way to manage plugins is with the elasticsearch-plugin tool.

The file system I have is read only and I cannot manually run the elasticsearch-plugin tool. For e.g.
elasticsearch-analysis-icu*.jar does have a plugin descriptor, but does not load.

[2017-09-06 15:51:23.171 GMT] INFO |||||| main org.elasticsearch.plugins [es-03-blade7-3.mon.example.net] loaded [], sites []

I was wondering if I need to specify anything during ES startup or I wonder if there's something to do with file permissions.

(Note : this works fine locally. But doesn't on my cluster). Again I am doing this as part of ES upgrade from 1.x to 2.x. The plugins i had currently are loaded via classpath which is no longer supported in 2.x.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.