Problems deploying to azure

I'm trying to deploy a test environment on azure and I'm running into all kinds of problems. I first had issues passing self-signed certificates for the application gateway and kibana, but I found some hacky way around those.

Now, I can't make HTTP calls to the service because it's asking for a key. I go into the admin console to get an API key but it tells me the application is not enabled for that (what?!) and it directs me to change xpack.security.authc.api_key.enabled to true in the Elasticsearch.yml file.

So I follow the steps recommended here: Cannot Find elasticsearch.yml from ElasticStack in Azure to access that file. I was able to ssh to kibana, but when I tried to ssh to the node vm from there, I got Permission denied (publickey).

I did pass my admin username and ssh key like this when I created the resources:

"adminUsername":{"value":"$esAdminUsername"},
"authenticationType":{"value":"sshPublicKey"},
"sshPublicKey":{"value":"$SSH_KEY"}

I'm at a loss. I'd really appreciate any help on this.

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Are you deploying it with a template or via the Elasticsearch Service on Azure?

Hello @warkolm, I'm deploying with a template. I was able to solve the authentication issue. I just had to pass the username and password. But I still need to be able to SSH into the nodes to update the Elasticsearch.yml and to update to the latest version to avoid the problems with log4j. I know I can redeploy and use a password instead of a SSH key but I don't think we want to do that.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.