Redirect users to a default page

Hi

I have setup dashboards on ELK 7.2. All my users in the organization are not aware of the tool.
So I don't expect them to know how to search and add filters etc.

So, I want to create a default dashboard main page with links to different dashboards I created.

I want the default main page to be loaded when a user logs in. Then they can choose from the links on the main page and get redirected to other dashboards.

Is it possible to redirect a specific user to a default main dashboard page?

Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to set a default page without forking Kibana. If you'd like you can submit a feature request for this ability.

I mean loading a default dashboard. When a user logs in?. If this feature is not available, I will submit a request.

Found what you need! There is a setting called kibana.defaultAppId that can be set to a dashboard after the user logs in instead of the home page. Set this in your kibana.yml file:

kibana.defaultAppId: "dashboard/9f8f1b50-4c2f-11e8-b802-f579584b9efd"

You can get the ID from the dashboard's URL. For example, the ID for this dashboard:

https://mykibana.com/app/kibana#/dashboard/edf84fe0-e1a0-11e7-b6d5-4dc382ef7f5b?_g=(...)

would be edf84fe0-e1a0-11e7-b6d5-4dc382ef7f5b.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. This will help me in setting up a home page for a non technical user.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.