[SOLVED] Default view

It is possible to setup a default view (for example my default dashboard) to be visible under the root URL of Kibana instead of the default info page? :

Add Data to Kibana. Use these solutions to quickly turn your data into pre-built dashboards and monitoring systems."

I've seen the config entry:

# The default application to load.
#kibana.defaultAppId: "home"

But can't find any documentation related to it or how to setup a default dashboard.

try kibana.defaultAppId: "dashboard/dashboard-id-to-load-here"

No way to reference it by a name?

The ID approach is bad for several reasons, most importantly because I have to create a dashboard in the first place, and then use the generated ID in the template for the Kibana configuration in my provisioning tool. So basically it is a chicken and egg problem.

I would suggest make it possible to specify an human readable name. Then somebody can generate a config in the first place, and after the setup is rolled out with the provisioning tool, a user can generate the default dashboard with a pre defined name.

You can specify a human readable name by importing a dashboard.

E.g.

[
  {
    "_id": "i_can_be_read_by_a_human",
    "_type": "dashboard",
    "_source": {
      "title": "I have a human readable id",
      "hits": 0,
      "description": "",
      "panelsJSON": "[...]",\
    }
  }
]

Just note that if you change the title of the dashboard, the id will remain the same.

That makes sense, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.