[SOLVED] Default view

(Wojciech Pietrzak) #1

It is possible to setup a default view (for example my default dashboard) to be visible under the root URL of Kibana instead of the default info page? :

Add Data to Kibana. Use these solutions to quickly turn your data into pre-built dashboards and monitoring systems."

I've seen the config entry:

# The default application to load.
#kibana.defaultAppId: "home"

But can't find any documentation related to it or how to setup a default dashboard.

(Stacey Gammon) #2

try kibana.defaultAppId: "dashboard/dashboard-id-to-load-here"

(Wojciech Pietrzak) #3

No way to reference it by a name?

The ID approach is bad for several reasons, most importantly because I have to create a dashboard in the first place, and then use the generated ID in the template for the Kibana configuration in my provisioning tool. So basically it is a chicken and egg problem.

I would suggest make it possible to specify an human readable name. Then somebody can generate a config in the first place, and after the setup is rolled out with the provisioning tool, a user can generate the default dashboard with a pre defined name.

(Stacey Gammon) #4

You can specify a human readable name by importing a dashboard.

E.g.

[
  {
    "_id": "i_can_be_read_by_a_human",
    "_type": "dashboard",
    "_source": {
      "title": "I have a human readable id",
      "hits": 0,
      "description": "",
      "panelsJSON": "[...]",\
    }
  }
]

Just note that if you change the title of the dashboard, the id will remain the same.

(Wojciech Pietrzak) #5

That makes sense, thanks!

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.