[SOLVED] X-Pack 6.2 install Fatal Error: ace.require is not a function

Encountering the same issue. Found two other discussions on the topic that seem to have stalled:

In each discussion, including this one, I believe there are key facts missing to reproduce the issue.

1. For consistency, we are talking about installing/running on Windows.
  2. It seems that in each case "installation" of kibana was actually just download and extract the zip file
  3. Probably most importantly, we are missing the current directory from which the kibana was executed (the first time, and each subsequent time).

For me, the process was as follows:

1. Download and extract kibana 6.2.3 zip file to a safe location (no spaces in path)
  2. Change directory to bin folder
  3. Run kibana.bat
  4. Kibana launches, works fine
  5. Later, shut down kibana
  6. Still in bin folder, run kibana-plugin install x-pack
  7. After installation and config complete, run kibana again with kibana.bat
  8. Got the error mentioned in the OP, but, I almost immediately realized my error of executing kibana-plugin from the bin folder (a x-pack folder was created inside bin!)
  9. So I did a kibana-plugin remove x-pack. Folders got cleaned up.
  10. Change directory to kibana root, remove optimize folder
  11. Run bin\kibana.bat
  12. From this point forward, no combination of workarounds suggested in the other two discussions help; I always get the "Uncaught TypeError".

I really suspect the key to reproducing the problem has to do with using the windows command prompt shell, and the path from which kibana is executed for the very first time.