Start Kibana

Hello,
i installed Kibana on Centos 7 but i have this error when i start it!

kibana error|690x430

how can i understand what it depends on?

Thank you

Hey @acastaldi84,

Have you actually checked the Kibana logs? Do you see anything suspicious there?

Also you may need to enable verbose logging to see more details (logging.verbose: true in kibana.yml).

Best,
Oleg

the strange thing is that if I turn the server off and on again, kibana starts .... then after a while it doesn't work anymore if I try to connect again

I see, yeah, we really need verbose logs to track it down.

Is there any chance that actually Elasticsearch becomes unavailable from time to time, or the issue always immediately goes away when you restart Kibana?

why i have nothing in the log file?

i enabled logging.verbose: true in kibana.yml but i have nothing in the log file

Sometimes you need to also set logging.quiet to false, but apart from that you should have logs. I'd also double check the file path you set in logging.dest.

Hi. If you install from rpm and set default log location to
logging.dest: /var/log/kibana.log
then do next step
touch /var/log/kibana.log
chown kibana: /var/log/kibana.log

logging.dest: /var/log/kibana.log
#logging.quiet: false

ok now i have log

when i link kibana page, browser change my URL on
http://192.168.65.122:5601/logout?next=%2Fapp%2Fkibana%23%2Fhome%3F_g%3D()&msg=SESSION_EXPIRED

with this error
https://discuss.elastic.co/uploads/short-url/2FtkeIBMVAv1yFFCsMTFauIUTSz.jpeg

and this is my log:

I think the main issue here is FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only ...., usually that means you don't have enough disk space on the machine where Elasticsearch is running (ES logs should show that as well). Take a look at this discuss post Why am I seeing a "FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete" response against my index?.

Best,
Oleg

i have this disk space:

disk

You mean the partition where 96% of the space is used? If so, then it's definitely not enough. Thoroughly read the docs referenced in the post I shared with you previously.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.