Super slow dashboard

It takes many minutes to update data in Kibana dashboard. How can I know if it is kibana or elasticsearch that I need to upgrade?
Both have 2Gb ram and 2 zones

It depends on a lot of variables - the specific dashboard configuration, the amount of data in your Elasticsearch cluster, the hardware specs of the individual nodes, index configurations, ...

A good starting point is enabling monitoring on your cluster to gain insights in what's happening exactly: Monitor and Manage Elasticsearch | Elastic

2gb ram for Elasticsearch is definitely very little, but it might be enough depending on your volume. Monitoring should tell you more.

1 Like

Thanks. I forgot I have autoscale on elasticsearch, but I didn't understand it has Maximum set, intead of usual minimum! So my autoscale has not been of much use.
To be clear I use elastic cloud.
So not sure what I was supposed to see in the documentation link

uuh. so i need to open a new instance and send the monitor logs there? at least that is what the documentation says.

What is the output from the _cluster/stats?pretty&human API?

I just added more Ram (16Gb) and now it loads fairly ok. I probably need to double it still. But this method helps. Thank you for your advicing

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.