System CPU graph not showing any data in Visualize

HI There ,

I am trying to fetch the system CPU details using metric beat ,in the discover window i can see the proper % of CPU data

May 27, 2019 @ 12:21:43.419	95.22%	4.35%	2.21%	2.06%
    	May 27, 2019 @ 12:21:38.419	92.92%	6.63%	4.23%	2.32%
    	May 27, 2019 @ 12:21:33.419	92.64%	7.08%	4.81%	2.22%
    	May 27, 2019 @ 12:21:28.419	93.4%	6.15%	3.8%	2.27%
    	May 27, 2019 @ 12:21:23.419	93.91%	5.71%	3.45%	2.21%

but when I try to create Visualize ,Graph not showing any data ,below is my Y and x axis setting for Idle %

and

can you please help me to understand why I m not able to see any data ,( please note I tried to plot Idle% CPUtotal% Sys% and User% ,with above visualization settings but not able to see single entry for any of the metrics)

Hello,

1st thing to check would be to make sure you are looking at the results in the same time frame as Discover. You need to check the timepicker in the top nav bar for it.

Its also possible that your y-axis aggregation type average isn't getting any data.
Can you please change the aggregation type there and see if you get any results?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Thanks Bhavya for the response ,

can you please suggest which aggregation I should use instead of average

Please note i have doubled checked the time-pick with discover ,its same. Below is the pattern which I can see when I use sysetem.cpu..pct instead of system.cpu..norm.pct

the value looks good if i divide by "number of cores",can you please help me to understand how I can do " system.cpu.*.norm.pct/no of core calculation ( tried script option but getting

{
 "root_cause": [
  {
   "type": "script_exception",
   "reason": "runtime error",
   "script_stack": [
    "org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.ScriptDocValues$Longs.get(ScriptDocValues.java:121)",
    "org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.ScriptDocValues$Longs.getValue(ScriptDocValues.java:115)",
    "doc['system.cpu.idle.pct'].value",
    "                          ^---- HERE"
   ],
   "script": "doc['system.cpu.idle.pct'].value",
   "lang": "painless"
  }
 ],
 "type": "search_phase_execution_exception",
 "reason": "all shards failed",
 "phase": "query",
 "grouped": true,
 "failed_shards": [
  {
   "shard": 0,
   "index": "metricbeatindex",
   "node": "119MTQ6RTUWAvBctBiXymg",
   "reason": {
    "type": "script_exception",
    "reason": "runtime error",
    "script_stack": [
     "org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.ScriptDocValues$Longs.get(ScriptDocValues.java:121)",
     "org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.ScriptDocValues$Longs.getValue(ScriptDocValues.java:115)",
     "doc['system.cpu.idle.pct'].value",
     "                          ^---- HERE"
    ],
    "script": "doc['system.cpu.idle.pct'].value",
    "lang": "painless",
    "caused_by": {
     "type": "illegal_state_exception",
     "reason": "**A document doesn't have a value for a field! Use doc[<field>].size()==0 to check if a document is missing a field!"**
**        }**
       }
      }
     ]
    }

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.