Timelion: How to fill no data with the last value

Our build system (Jenkins) sends all its data to Elasticsearch, which is fronted by Kibana.

I'm trying to build a simple timeline graph of our build system showing when the build is Green (healthy) or Red (broken). Here is a mock-up of what I'm aiming for:
graph

I've been able to get most of the way there with the following Timelion code (timeframe=last 4 hours, scale=1m). The problem is that minutes that have no data are left blank. I need them to 'fill' with the last value.

(
.es(index=builds*, timefield='startTime',q='jobName:"myBuild" && status:"FAILURE"')
	.fit(carry)
	.color(red)
	.bars(),
.es(index=builds*, timefield='startTime', q='jobName:"myBuild" && status:"SUCCESS"')
	.fit(none)
	.color(green)
	.bars(),
)

As I understand it, the .fit() function should do what I need, but no matter which value I use for it, the graph does not change. It seems I can also use .if(), but I'm unable to figure out how to make it grab the last value for the series.

Here's what the graph I current have looks like. Any help filling in this whitespace would be great!

Bump: Hoping there's a Timelion guru around here!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.