Timelion not showing anything in kibana 5.1

I have installed Kibana 5.1 and as per my understanding Timelion is installed by default, but when i go to timelion it shows nothing for me. I have indexes created on elasticsearch.

Could you please help me what is wrong and where should i check why it is not working.

I do get this error in ES
[2017-01-05T17:32:36,201][DEBUG][o.e.a.a.i.m.p.TransportPutMappingAction] [Oz8ypUQ] failed to put mappings on indices [[
[.kibana/mY4jN40nS96uLNhRA7ioJw]]], type [timelion-sheet]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mapper [hits] cannot be changed from type [long] to [integer]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MappedFieldType.checkTypeName(MappedFieldType.java:146) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.
jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MappedFieldType.checkCompatibility(MappedFieldType.java:158) ~[elasticsearch-5
.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.FieldTypeLookup.checkCompatibility(FieldTypeLookup.java:128) ~[elasticsearch-5
.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.FieldTypeLookup.copyAndAddAll(FieldTypeLookup.java:94) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.j
ar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperService.merge(MapperService.java:330) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperService.merge(MapperService.java:283) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataMappingService$PutMappingExecutor.applyRequest(MetaDataMappingServ
ice.java:313) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataMappingService$PutMappingExecutor.execute(MetaDataMappingService.j
ava:232) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService.runTasksForExecutor(ClusterService.java:581) [elasticsearch-
5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService$UpdateTask.run(ClusterService.java:920) [elasticsearch-5.1.1
.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:458)
[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAn
dClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:238) [elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(P
rioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:201) [elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_101]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_101]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_101]

What is the name of the field you have in your documents for the timestamp?

1 Like

Hi there,
I have the same problem. Kibana 5.1.2 on CentOS, ES and Logstash same versions. Datas come from a server (CentOS) with filebeat/metricbeat/packetbeat.
The "Timelion" page is white like Harish_Kumar. Not sure what you mean by "name of the field you have in your documents for the timestamp" : where do we need to look ? In the indices (metricbeat-* and others) there is always a field called "@timestamp".
Thanks for all suggestions.

[EDIT] In "advanced settings", timelion:es.timefield is set to "@timestamp"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.