To get the data of Index size into Kibana Dashboards

Hi Team,

We would like to open the same topic (To get the data of Index size into Kibana Dashboards) due to that topic has been closed automatically and we need more clarification to know about this.

Actually we are manually taking the data from Index management.

Our main concern is, we need to get the dashboard for each indices of storage size.
we can able to see the document count of records and if we tried to convert it from the document count of records to storage size. we are not able to get the storage size of data.

Please find the attached snapshot for count of records.

Could you please suggest us. Thanks

Regards
Anushya

There's no OOTB way to show index sizes on a dashboard, the index management page is the intended place to provide this kind of information. Can you elaborate a bit on your use case? What exactly are you trying to achieve for your user? Maybe there is another approach to get to the same goal.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response!!

Our application team should control the volumes of logs generated, to be able to do that, we need live dashboard with these volumes per index in GB.

we could able to see the document count of records in dashboard and not able to get the storage size in GB.

Is there any formulated method to convert the storage size (i.e, GB)?

Regards
Anushya

The closest thing I know is the mapper size plugin for Elasticsearch: Mapper Size Plugin | Elasticsearch Plugins and Integrations [8.5] | Elastic

It adds a _size field to each document which you can use to do size estimations.

There is also the "Index management" page in Stack management that gives you some insight (no pretty charts and so on though):

Hi Joe,

It adds a _size field to each document which you can use to do size estimations.

we are getting the logs from below path,
FB/MB -> AWS Kafka -> Logstash -> Elasticsearch -> Kibana  

Could you please guide us where we can be install the Mapper Size Plugin, that would be helpful to more work on this.

There is also the "Index management" page in Stack management that gives you some insight (no pretty charts and so on though):

we are not provided the users for the full access, they can only Read access. so that we are exploring to create the dashboard to view the volumes per index size in GB.

Regards
Anushya

Check out the link I put in my post above, it's an Elasticsearch plugin

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.