Toggle

Is there a way to put a toggle button on the kibana canvas? Is there any alternative solution?

What exactly do you mean by toggle button? Could you give an example of what you are trying to do with this button?

@lukeelmers I want to put toggle button on the canvas and click on it and the data should be filterd. Just like dashboard.Simple onece I click the button I want to get all canvas data should be fillterd.Is it possible? or can you provide alternative solution for me?

Simple onece I click the button I want to get all canvas data should be fillterd.Is it possible? or can you provide alternative solution for me?

You should be able to use the Canvas "dropdown select" filter element to achieve a similar effect. It will display a dropdown with the unique values for the specified column of data, and selecting one of those will then filter the entire contents of the Canvas workpad.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 8.26.55 AM

In case you'd prefer to work with the underlying expression instead of the UI, this element uses the dropdownControl expression function under the hood.

Aside from the filter dropdown, I can't think of a way to specifically create a toggle button to apply a filter. Applying custom click handlers may be a possibility whenever the clickable elements project lands, so you might want to follow along with that issue if you're interested in future updates.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.