Uninstall elasticsearch and kibana

so I once had Elasticsearch and activated the trial license. After I uninstalled and reinstalled, this license still seems annoying. So how do I uninstall Elasticsearch completely clean, no more binding trial licenses?

Well you should be able to simply go into Kibana - Stack Management - License and revert to Basic License.

That should fix it.

The actual license information is stored within the Elasticsearch data and typically when you uninstall a package it does not remove the actual data unless you are very specific or go in and clean up after yourself. So when you reinstall that data is still there.

But as I said above you just go and revert the license back to basic. You should be fine.

but i can't open kibana. because my "kibana server is not ready yet"

here's log kibana
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-12-30T09:16:44+07:00","tags":["info","elasticsearch","deprecation"],"pid":3640,"message":"Elasticsearch deprecation: 299 Elasticsearch-7.16.2-2b937c44140b6559905130a8650c64dbd0879cfb \"Elasticsearch built-in security features are not enabled. Without authentication, your cluster could be accessible to anyone. See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.16/security-minimal-setup.html to enable security.\"\nOrigin:kibana\nQuery:\n200\nGET /_nodes?filter_path=nodes.*.version%2Cnodes.*.http.publish_address%2Cnodes.*.ip"}

That is just an INFO it is not what is keeping Kibana from connecting Elastsearch typically that error is when Kibana can not connect to Elasticsearch.

There should be another error.

It's unclear to me what state you're configurations are at this point.

Did you start completely over?

Did you want to keep your data?

Do you want to share your Elasticsearch and Kibana configurations?

You can also set the basic license through the license API.

• yes i install from beginning

• it doesnt matter to keep or not, i just wanna have a very new elastic stack

• i can't share it because it's credential. but i just do very basic configuration like change the ip

• i can't open kibana and i can't using postman because it's restricted in my company

Did install with rpm/Deb? Is it on Linux or Windows?
With most installers there is special options to remove all the data, otherwise they do not...

If so AND you don't care about the data go AND you did not change the data path delete the actual data.

NOTE THIS WILL DELETE ALL THE ELASTICSEARCH DATA --DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR DATA and basically act as a new install from a data and license perspective.

Stop Elasticsearch then do the following.

sudo cd /var/lib/elasticsearch
sudo rm -fr nodes

Then start Elasticsearch and wait a bit.

then from the host where elasticsearch is running.

curl http://localhost:9200

You should get a result like

{
  "name" : "caf7c261e18f",
  "cluster_name" : "docker-cluster",
  "cluster_uuid" : "qJPviwwqTuagnsR-Qnu6rA",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "7.16.2",
    "build_flavor" : "default",
    "build_type" : "docker",
    "build_hash" : "2b937c44140b6559905130a8650c64dbd0879cfb",
    "build_date" : "2021-12-18T19:42:46.604893745Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "8.10.1",
    "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
    "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Then stop and start Kibana see if it will connect...

You can just blank the credentials and ips... if you still have issues and you can not share the configs without the credentials we will not be able to help...

Did you enable Security, Authentication, Https etc... If so did any of that change...

you can use curl you should learn how to use curl and POST it is very helpful when needed.