Update Angular version from 1.6.9 to 1.8.0

Hi Team,

I am using kibana 6.3.2 version and I would like to update some dependencies like angular version from 1.6.9 to 1.8.0 and handlebars .Is it possible to update these specific libraries in kibana.If yes, Please guide me, How I can do that?

Hello,

I'd advise you to upgrade kibana itself to get those angular/handlebars packages updated out of the box. kibana 7.9.x already has angular at ^1.8 for example.

You might break the plugins if you try to upgrade the packages manually via updating package.json file and rebuilding kibana.

Can you clarify the reason you want to upgrade those packages? Maybe there is another approach here

I am getting some vulnerability issue with this angular version in my project during pen test .
So I need to upgrade the angular version and handlebars version.

Is there any other way to update these specific libraries or I have to update the kibana version to get these libraries updated.

Thanks

Is there any other way to update these specific libraries or I have to update the kibana version to get these libraries updated.

Update the Kibana version is the preferable way. Otherwise, you would have to update packages in the Kibana manually and build Kibana from sources.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.