Updating Kibana Dashboard Admin user password

Hello Team,
We tried changing kibana dashboard admin user default password with our custom password. it shows it saved successfully but after login with new password, it is showing message as Kibana status is red and we cannot see security tab. Also deployed pod is showing ready status as 0/1 instead of 1/1. Also old password is still working.

Please help as what can be done to resolve this.

Please help.

I wonder if you changed the password to the kibana user, which is the user the Kibana server uses to authenticate to Elasticsearch. If so, you need to reflect this in the kibana.yml for elasticsearch.password.

I am not sure what you mean by the dashboard admin user. Previously we had a role you could add to a user called kibana_dashboard_only_user. This would be a user defined account, and not one which was built-in. We have sense deprecated that role in exchange for feature privileges, which you can read more about here.

Hello Tyler,

Can you please tell where we can find kibana.yml? Also, I am talking here about admin/passw0rd which we use to login to Kibana dashboard.

The kibana.yml is the the config directory of Kibana.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/settings.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.