Urgent help: How to feed live data from Kibana or from Grafana into Excel?

Hi all,
I have been trying to create Grafana dashboard for visualization and I have been using Excel for data analysis. I figured out it would be best for me to use “What-if-analysis” in Excel to answer my project question but for that I need to show analysis on live data or else it would not make much sense for me to present analysis of the outdated data. I am not sure if its possible but I really want to embed live data into excel sheet to get the most recent data points the way we get in Grafana.

I have access to the two datasets I have been working on through Kibana as well as through Grafana. I could get some data in csv format from Kibana but I want to live stream that data from Kibana into Excel.

I would really appreciate any guidance on this as soon as possible.

-Thanks

Could try to connect to the underlying data directly in Elasticsearch using the ODBC driver Microsoft Excel | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

1 Like

Hello @ghudgins ,
Thanks for the suggestion!
I opened the link to install the ODBC driver but it seems the instructions were only for the Windows environment and I work on Mac. I googled for the instructions on how to install the ODBC driver on mac but I could not find anything.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me further on this.

-Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.