Using filters when creating a PDF report from POST URL

Hello!
I'm trying to setup a report that I can fetch via automatic report generation using a POST URL. But I've run into something that I can't solve.

I've created a report in Canvas presenting some data about our customers. Inside the report I've added a DropDown filter so that I can filter on a specific customer, this works perfectly fine within Kibana and Canvas and I'm happy with the result.

However in order to send the reports to the customers I would like to use some automatic generation of PDFs.

Now my question is this:
Is there any way to send filter parameters when using the POST URL? Or in some other way for that matter? Each report I want to generate should only contain data for one customer.

Thankful for any help!

Hey @DocThyme

Currently there is not a way to pass in parameters like you are looking to do for a Canvas Workpad report.

As a workaround for now, you could clone the workpad so you have one for each customer you would be sending it to, and set the drop down filter value appropriately in each one.

I know it's not the perfect solution, but hopefully that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.