Using Kibana Effectively

Hello,

I have gotten my data to flow through the ELK stack, but I am having some issues with using the data. For example, in this dashboard I see that there are some warnings and errors in the bottom right. Is there a way to expand this and see more details on it? How can I see what errors are showing up?

What is a good workflow from going to graphs and visualizations, to meaningful actionable data? What are some known guides that I can watch to learn how to use Kibana effectively?

If you want to see more details there you need to configure drilldowns for the dashboard. That one is a just a sample dashboard that allows people to have a cursory look at their data.
I highly recommend to do the Data Analyst course as Kibana is complex and how you use it will depend a lot on what you need from it: Free and Open Search: The Creators of Elasticsearch, ELK & Kibana | Elastic

Unfortunately, that course is too expensive for me. Could you give me some pointers on how to get my desired result? I want to make a table that shows failed login attempts. I am getting the data from Winlogbeat. I want the table to have a column for "What account the person tried to login to" "The time the login attempt was made". I have messed around with the visualization library and can't seem to figure it out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.