What is the price of Elasticsearch licence

Hello Folks,

I have planned to setup ELK stack on-premise,
I checked Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic, they have mentioned Basic - free and open 2.
I would like to know is really Elasticsearch license is free?

I would like to access these features from ES,

Elastic stack has awesome free features. There were licensing changes recently. I suggest reading this blog to help yourself: Introducing Elastic License v2, simplified and more permissive; SSPL remains an option | Elastic Blog

As far the features you've highlighted they are free.

2 Likes

Thanks @parthmaniar ,

I read the blog you suggested. From this blog I came to there will be no problem for self-manages customers.

If it is free, I would like to know how can I get this license.
I mean, I have already installed ELK in my machine when I tried to create security features like enabling roles I need to get Elastic license instead of ES basic license.

could you please help me in this.

Hi @sudo-ranjith

You don't need to "get" the license. It is part of the binary (installer) files. So for example if you want the V2 open licenses download from here :slight_smile: Download Elastic Products | Elastic

If you want purely open source code here: Past Releases of Elastic Stack Software | Elastic (OSS)

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

@parthmaniar
I have downloaded

Version: 7.12.1
like the same link you sent, then downloaded for my Windows 64 bit ZIP file.
In this If I want to enable roles in security feature, should I have Elasticsearch license?

Yes there is nothing additional from licensing point. You need to do configuration:

Built-in roles | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

Also this should help:

1. Security & Users | Elastic App Search Documentation [7.13] | Elastic
  2. Kibana role management | Kibana Guide [7.13] | Elastic
  3. Create or update roles API | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.