Where did the time picker in discover went?

Hi, I made a fresh install of kibana 8.4.3.

Where did the time picker went? Also in Discover panel I have plenty of usecases where I need to specify a time range.

Thanks a lot, Andreas

I noticed I had an error within my exported and imported dataview. The time field is not set.
Is there any way via GUI to update the TimeField to an existing DataView?

Hi @asp, it's good to hear you found the source of the issue. From within Discover, this is how you can edit your data view's time field: click the data view selector button -> click 'Manage this data view' -> click the 'Edit' button on the management screen. This will open an 'Edit data view' panel with a 'Timestamp field' input you can use to switch the time field.

Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the data view management screen from the main navigation menu: Management -> Stack Management -> Data Views.

1 Like

@Davis_McPhee Thanks for the replay.

I cannot see, that I am able to edit a data-view:

When I open the dataview and navigat to @timestamp:

Where can I define it as timestamp being used for the dataview?

Hi @asp !
Sorry for the confusion. The functionality you are looking for is on Edit data view form. There is a dropdown where you can configure a time field for that data view:

As Davis mentioned there are a couple of ways how to open this form. Please check the gifs below.

Via the data view picker:
Dec-05-2022 10-07-46

Via Stack Management directly:
Dec-05-2022 10-10-30

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.