Why is the advanced setting `state:storeInSessionStorage` turned off by default?

I have a Vega which has too large URLs and will be access error by default setting.

Therefore I want to change the advanced setting state:storeInSessionStorage turn on to able to load the Dashboard with Vega.

However I wonder if this change will cause other problem, such as any type or any old version of browsers will not load the Kibana properly.

Are there any points of concern to load the Kibana with this advanced setting changed?

However I wonder if this change will cause other problem, such as any type or any old version of browsers will not load the Kibana properly.

At this time I am not aware of any major issues with storeInSessionStorage being enabled on Kibana's officially supported browsers, however you might consider taking a look at open issues related to that setting.

In fact, one of the reasons that setting was introduced was as a workaround for URL length limits in older browsers like IE. (Kibana discontinued IE11 support beginning in 7.9).

Since ui settings are space-specific, one thing you might consider is testing this by creating a new space in Kibana, importing some of your saved objects to that space, and enabling the setting there.

Since ui settings are space-specific, one thing you might consider is testing this by creating a new space in Kibana, importing some of your saved objects to that space, and enabling the setting there.

@lukeelmers
Thanks for your reply and I will try so.

@lukeelmers

Hi.
Here is an another question to make sure, that the Dashboard Link (Share > Permalinks > Saved object)would not have any difference between storeInSessionStorage ON and OFF.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.