Why Metricbeat takes 2 minutes as an interval?

I set modules.period is 10s

metricbeat.modules:
  - module: logstash
    hosts: [ http://logstash:9600 ]
    xpack.enabled: true
    period: 10s
    enabled: true

But why is the interval of 2 minutes used as the abscissa?

I guess you're actually getting the right values as per your setting.

If you consider 20:30 and 20:32 time range, you can see 12 markings between them, i.e., 120sec/10=12.

It's only that your X-Axis is showing an 2 mins interval. If you set the x-axis to auto, based on your time rance, the X-Axis values change.

You can change this by editing the visualization in more settings.

If you consider 20:30 and 20:32 time range, you can see 12 markings between them, i.e., 120sec/10=12

yes, you're right.

If you set the x-axis to auto, based on your time rance, the X-Axis values change
You can change this by editing the visualization in more settings

Where are the two items you mentioned? I didn't find it in Stack Manager > Kibana > Advanced Settings > Visualization

No, you need to go to edit in the dashboard, click on the visualization you want to edit and you get the option to modify the visualization

Eg: Go to the Events Received Rate visualization and edit it, you can find X-axis settings.

In that you can modify it.

I added the following configuration in metricbeat.yml

setup.kibana.host: "kibana:5601"
setup.kibana.username: ${ELASTIC_USERNAME}
setup.kibana.password: ${ELASTIC_PASSWORD}
setup.dashboards.enabled: true

I found it created dozens of Visualizes and Dashboard, many of which were unnecessary

no visualization named Events Received Rate found.
BTW,Even if I delete all the above dashboards and visualizations, Stack Monitoring display is still normal

According to the official documentation Modules | Metricbeat Reference [8.6] | Elastic, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, these Dashboard are not available

I found that the x-axis changes with the filter

1 minute

5 minute

15 minute

Yes you are right.

That's what I've mentioned in my previous statements.

It's only that your X-Axis is showing an 2 mins interval. If you set the x-axis to auto, based on your time rance, the X-Axis values change.

It will be default to Auto, and it changes with your time range.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.