【Windows】pipe\\elastic-agent-system: Access is denied

I am installing Elastic Agent 8.4.1 on a Win10 system using the command line and I get the following error and the server fleet keeps showing updates, how do I fix it?
The error is displayed:
Error: failed to communicate with Elastic Agent daemon: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing open \\.\pipe\elastic-agent-system: Access is denied."

Any chance your version of Windows is localized (not English)? If so we had a bug with the permissions check (Fix admin permission check on localized windows by michalpristas · Pull Request #1552 · elastic/elastic-agent · GitHub)

Yes, the Windows versions are Korean version and Russian version, is there any temporary solution? Or do I need to wait to upgrade to version 8.5 and when will version 8.5 be available?

Consider the following:

1. Disable windows defender
  2. Create an output rule in the windows firewall, releasing the Elastic agent
  3. Some rule in your edge firewall blocking communication

During installation, did you open the powershell terminal, with admin privilege, and enable running powershell scripts? powershell.exe -ep bypass

I also suggest taking a look at the link Endpoint management | Elastic Security Solution [8.5] | Elastic

Thank you for your reply, the upgrade to version 8.5.0 seems to have solved the problem, still need to keep watching the issue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.