X-pack insatalltion

Hi All,

Have a basic doubt regarding the new release of Elastic Stack 6.3.0, will it contain x-pack installation package by default i.r if we install Elasticsearch or Kibana will the features of X-pack (basic free license) will be automatically installed

And by changing the xpack related features in the elasticsearch/kibana yml will the features reflect.

Please clarify my doubt

Thanks in advance

Dilip

Hey @kolli_dilip, the default distributions do contain x-pack with the basic (free) license, but we also have oss packages that don't have the x-pack plugins installed by default.

And by changing the xpack related features in the elasticsearch/kibana yml will the features reflect.

I'm not sure I'm following, would you mind elaborating?

Thank you @Brandon_Kobel for having a look on my query, to elaborate, for example
1- I need to put a basic authentication on users logging on to Kibana, so can i do it with the amendment in the yml of kibana and elastic-search.
2- I need to put up monitoring based on few threshold values, which is purely an Xpack thing, so how to proceed on it.

@kolli_dilip the X-Pack Basic license give you Monitoring, but you'll need a Gold License to use our Security plugin. https://www.elastic.co/subscriptions contains further details on which features are available with which license.

ok so once i install elk i can configure monitoring based on my requirement with the x-pack plugin added to kibana by default, please correct me if i am wrong

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.