X-pack plugin:reporting - Permission Denied Ubuntu

Thought I would give Elastic Stack 5 a try on Ubuntu, but I've bumped into a small problem. All X-Pack plugins are enabled with the exception of plugin:reporting. The error I'm getting is below. If anyone has any ideas on how to clear the permission issue for this plugin, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, all else seems to be working well. :slight_smile:

Command failed: tar jxf /opt/kibana/installedPlugins/x-pack/reporting/.phantom/phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 tar: phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied tar: phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied tar: phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64/bin: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory tar: phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied tar: phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64/bin/phantomjs: ...

Solved my issue:

Run:
sudo tar jxf /opt/kibana/installedPlugins/x-pack/reporting/.phantom/phantomjs-1.9.8-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2.

Next, restart Kibana:
sudo service kibana restart.

So from what I gather this particular plugin drops a version for each platform (windows, linux, etc.). Next it attempts to extract the package for the appropriate platform. Unfortunately it does not have the proper permissions to execute tar.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else wanting to check out the Elastic Stack 5.0 release early.