API for configuring Fleet Server settings?

Is there a programmatic way to set the values for Fleet Server as shown in this image here?

I'm ok with command line tools, restful api, or some other automated service. There's a lot of elastic documentation, but I wasn't sure which is most relevant to my situation. Can someone point me in the right direction?

For Fleet servers:
Swagger UI
Not sure if the API is accurate, I use "PUT" method and supply "fleet_server_hosts" as a list of strings.

I use this one for outputs:
Swagger UI

One note for outputs:
The API and documentation is not updated. You can set Logstash servers as an output, but neither the API or documentation reflects that.

There are open issues and PRs for that:
[Fleet] Update doc for preconfiguration · Issue #146397 · elastic/kibana (github.com)
[Fleet] Fix open API for output to support logstash by nchaulet · Pull Request #146396 · elastic/kibana (github.com)

The PR should contain enough information on how to format the request if you feel adventurous. From my experience, outputting to elasticsearch directly is less complicated. I still sent mine to Logstash though.

Hi @learningelastic and Welcome to the community @AgentWong

Turns Out Fleet API is just getting started and the the Initial Technical Preview is available in 8.5

This functionality is in technical preview and may be changed or removed in a future release. Elastic will apply best effort to fix any issues, but features in technical preview are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.