Authorization Required

Just installed Graph, and when checking it out, when I select the index and fields, hit search, then a dialog pops up "Authorization Required", although I have no autorization configured for Elasticsearch. Just hitting enter won't help, also tried some local system accounts, but no success either. Please help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for raising this, it's something we have also seen elsewhere and the team is working on it. We'll get back to you!

Thanks for your quick response and great to hear you are working on it!

I got same error :slight_smile:

Hi Folks,

I'm afraid there is a bug here - the Graph UI is not giving a clear and appropriate error message.

The reason for the prompt is that Graph requires a trial or a Platinum-level license (see our subscriptions page for details on what else is included), and the bug is that it doesn't give you a clear message about this in the UI.

If you are a customer, please reach out to our support team, and we can issue you a trial license. If you are not a customer, we're happy to issue you an extended trial license - just email info@elastic.co and our team will send it over!

Once the trial license expires, you can re-install your original gold or basic license.

Thanks,
Steve

1 Like

I have a basic license now, does this mean it won't ever work? Or is that the bug? Will it work with a basic license after the bug has been solved? You got me confused now :slight_smile:

Hey Rene,

Apologies for the confusion! Graph will not work with a Basic license. The bug is that the UI doesn't tell you that. In the future, we'll have a more useful UI that shows you your options.

You can reach out to our team at info@elastic.co, and we can send you a trial license extension in short order!

Thanks,
Steve

Hmmm ok. Maybe this could have been metioned more clearly in the release Blog post and in the documentation.

Thanks for offering a trial license, I'll contact the team.

Have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes