Creating custom legends for Kibana visualizations

Good afternoon everyone!

We are just getting started with our rollout of the ELK stack, and I have found, on several occasions, that it would be very beneficial for us to be able to customize the legend of a given visualization to display a custom field, rather than the simple value that the filtered field contains.

Is there a clean way to have a visualization reference a table, for instance, where it will display "Batch Logon" instead of "4"?

Thank you!

Hmm - there's not a lot of options for references currently if I understand correctly. https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/12560 has some existing discussion.

I'm not sure I fully understand the context of your visualization though, can you share a little more info on what it looks like? Is the value of 4 a direct mapping to 'Batch Logon"? This could be mapped with a scripted field.

We have a visual on a dashboard with a set of values that can be one of 9 values. It will always be one of these 9 values, and each of the nine values is always a 1 to 1 relationship with a set value, i.e. a 4 on the chart always corresponds to a Batch logon, a 9 is always a logon using a set of new credentials, etc.

I'd like to have the legend at the right be more easily grokkable for users who don't understand the relationship immediately.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.