Hide inaccessible indices in Kibana Discover

Hi

I created an x-pack user with only access to index C (and role kibana_user).

When the user logs in in Kibana and opens Discover, he can see all indices A, B, C and D (but can see only logs from index C).

How can I (completely) hide indices A, B and D?

I am using Elasticsearch & Kibana 5.1.1

Thanks

(Felix Stürmer) #2

Hi @maenu,

that is unfortunately not supported by Kibana's current authentication model. Many customers get around that by running multiple Kibana instances with separate Kibana indices (setting 'kibana.index`) backed by the same Elasticsearch cluster. Improving that, though, is definitely something we want to do in the future.

Hi @weltenwort
Thanks for your answer. I will try that workaround.

@weltenwort

I have now set up 3 Kibana instances with separate Kibana indices and installed X-Pack plugin on all of them. All instances show the same users and roles in Kibana Management.

Is there a way I can set up separate users and roles per Kibana instance (without running multiple Elasticsearch instances)?

Thanks

(Felix Stürmer) #5

The users and roles that can be managed through Kibana are the users and roles in the Elasticsearch native realm, of which there is only one. I would recommend to create a separate role for each Kibana instance and limit its privileges to the corresponding Kibana index.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.