How can I add controls specific to a visualization in kibana dashboard?

I have two doubts regarding control

1. Dashboard Visualization Filtering Issue:

• I have a dashboard with five visualizations: two visualizations created with one data view containing an email field, and three visualizations created with another data view that does not contain an email field. When I apply a filter based on the email field, the three visualizations without the email field become blank. How can I prevent these three visualizations from becoming blank when applying the email filter? Is there any feature like per-panel control similar to per-panel time range.
  2. Null Value Display in Email Field Control:

• While creating a visualization, I added an exists filter for the email field to exclude null values. However, when I add a control for the email field, it still shows null values. How can I ensure that null values are not displayed to the users of this dashboard when using the email field control?
1 Like

Hi @Anupama2262 thank you for your request. Please see the answers below.

For the first issue, you can turn on the Advanced Setting "Ignore Filter(s)" from Stack Management. In the future, it should work out-of-the-box when we do this [Dashboard] Filter only the relevant panels · Issue #170395 · elastic/kibana · GitHub. We are also planning to allow users to filter only a subset of selected panels in the dashboard in the long-term.

For the second problem, unfortunately there is no workaround as of now, in the future we will allow users to define filters for the values shown in their controls. You can follow the public issue here [Controls] Individually Pre-Filter Available Results · Issue #140112 · elastic/kibana · GitHub.

I hope this answers your question, please let us know if you have any other requests.

1 Like

Thanks @Teresa_Alvarez.