// , How do we maintain different "Views/Segment/Perspective/____" for different users of Kibana?

// , What does it mean to give our "User Support" group a subset, segment, perspective, or whatever of our log data?

Our Product Development Engineers need a very different set of data (including levels [INFO], [WARNING], and [ERROR]) than our Support Engineers.

How do I separate these?

My first impression would just be to use several different components for the different sets of users to select, e.g.:

myapp-support
myapp-devs
myapp-ops

However, would this lead to a lot of duplication?

Should we just give the different groups different queries and document them appropriately?

Is this whole idea a violation of the DevOps philosophy, where we should see each others' dirty laundry?

What more details can I provide to help answer this?

I'd love to discuss this with some people who have a lot of experience in the ecosystem.

Please feel free to message me or something, too, if you want details that might be more sensitive, or you just want to chat. It's my first post, so feel free to help me keep it in line with the community guidelines and the overall purpose of ElasticSearch.

I think useful here would be for you to take a look at the Security-plugin in X-pack (https://www.elastic.co/products/x-pack).

It is often used to restrict/enable access to classes of users for data in Elasticsearch. Using Kibana, you can define roles and user groups, each with their own CRUD-privileges on certain ES indices/documents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.