Install failure on windows - EPERM: operation not permitted

I'm running the 5.0.0.0 version of kibana and elastic search

First part of installation (on elasticsearch) was successful. However the kibana part did not succeed.
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

D:\Tools\Elastic\kibana-5.0.0-windows-x86>bin\kibana-plugin.bat install x-pack
Attempting to transfer from x-pack
Attempting to transfer from https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/kibana-plugins/x-pack/x-pack-5.0.0.zip
Transferring 56932561 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Plugin installation was unsuccessful due to error "EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'D:\Tools\Elastic\kibana-5.0.0-windows-x86\plugins\.plugin.installing' -> 'D:\Tools\Elastic\kibana-5.0.0-windows-x86\plugins\x-pack'"

Tried to run it as administrator but no luck :frowning:

I did a Google search on this error happening to Node applications in a Windows environment, and a few Github and forum posts came up where people said disabling antivirus/antimalware services temporarily seems to help the problem.

Thanks for your reply Tim.

Will do some testing later on another machine. The system I'm experimenting on does not allow me to disable virus scanner.

Sounds good, nlmpij. If it works on another system and it turns out to be the virus scanner that caused the issue, reply back here so other people that have the problem can learn the solution.

Looks like anti-virus was the cause of this happening to someone else: Kibana 5 default password

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.