Kibana shows in view tenth of the value

I collect data from metricbeat in elasticsearch (Version 7.2.0) and show this data in kibana in a line diagram (view). If I show the latest 24 hours, I get a tenth of the value. If I show the latest 8 hours in the view, then I get the correct value. MetricBeats send every 1 second a value of CPU usage and Memory usage. In version 7.1.1 all is correct, but since version 7.2.0 and also 7.3.0 I watched this issue.
E.g. I have CPU usage of 24 % and Memory usage of 235 MB saved from metricbeat. With latest 24 hours I see in the kibana line view 2,4 % and 23,5 MB. I think it depends on the number of documents. In case of latest 8 hours Kibana has to show 28800 documents (what it shrinks to 10 min) and in case of latest 24 hours Kibana has to show (and shrink) 86400 documents.

Hey @jbeyer, are you using a Visualization you built yourself for the line diagram? Would you mind providing screenshots to clarify the partial data that you're seeing and an export of the custom visualization definition?

Hey Brandon,
thanks for reply.
I found out that the presentation with the tenth of value happend if the "minimum time intervall" is set to minute. If I select "auto", all is fine.
I attach the screenshots and export that you requested.

The Export:
{"attributes":{"description":"","kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"searchSourceJSON":"{"query":{"language":"lucene","query":""},"filter":[{"$state":{"store":"appState"},"exists":{"field":"windows.perfmon.ECM-UK-2016"},"meta":{"alias":null,"disabled":false,"key":"windows.perfmon.ECM-UK-2016","negate":false,"type":"exists","value":"exists","indexRefName":"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[0].meta.index"}}],"indexRefName":"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.index"}"},"title":"Metrics ECM CPU / RAM","uiStateJSON":"{"vis":{"colors":{"CPU %":"#EAB839","Memory":"#7EB26D"},"legendOpen":false}}","version":1,"visState":"{"title":"Metrics ECM CPU / RAM","type":"line","params":{"type":"line","grid":{"categoryLines":false,"style":{"color":"#eee"},"valueAxis":"ValueAxis-2"},"categoryAxes":[{"id":"CategoryAxis-1","type":"category","position":"bottom","show":true,"style":{},"scale":{"type":"linear"},"labels":{"show":true,"truncate":100},"title":{}}],"valueAxes":[{"id":"ValueAxis-1","name":"LeftAxis-1","type":"value","position":"left","show":true,"style":{},"scale":{"type":"linear","mode":"normal"},"labels":{"show":true,"rotate":0,"filter":false,"truncate":100},"title":{"text":"CPU %"}},{"id":"ValueAxis-2","name":"RightAxis-1","type":"value","position":"right","show":true,"style":{},"scale":{"type":"linear","mode":"normal"},"labels":{"show":true,"rotate":0,"filter":false,"truncate":100},"title":{"text":"Memory"}}],"seriesParams":[{"show":true,"mode":"normal","type":"line","drawLinesBetweenPoints":true,"showCircles":true,"data":{"id":"3","label":"Memory"},"valueAxis":"ValueAxis-2"},{"show":"true","type":"line","mode":"normal","data":{"label":"CPU %","id":"1"},"valueAxis":"ValueAxis-1","drawLinesBetweenPoints":true,"showCircles":true}],"addTooltip":true,"addLegend":true,"legendPosition":"right","times":,"addTimeMarker":false},"aggs":[{"id":"2","enabled":true,"type":"date_histogram","schema":"segment","params":{"field":"@timestamp","timeRange":{"from":"now-24h","to":"now","mode":"quick"},"useNormalizedEsInterval":true,"interval":"m","drop_partials":false,"min_doc_count":1,"extended_bounds":{}}},{"id":"3","enabled":true,"type":"avg","schema":"metric","params":{"field":"windows.perfmon.ecm-2016.communicationmanagerservice.memory","customLabel":"Memory"}},{"id":"1","enabled":true,"type":"avg","schema":"metric","params":{"field":"windows.perfmon.ecm-2016.communicationmanagerservice.cpu","customLabel":"CPU %"}}]}"},"id":"eab338e0-5148-11e9-9cb3-85c455e59857","migrationVersion":{"visualization":"7.2.0"},"references":[{"id":"metricbeat-ecm-","name":"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.index","type":"index-pattern"},{"id":"metricbeat-ecm-","name":"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[0].meta.index","type":"index-pattern"}],"type":"visualization","updated_at":"2019-07-15T14:47:28.675Z","version":"WzgxLDFd"}

Hey @jbeyer, I've been able to replicate what you're seeing when specifying an explicit "minimum interval". Would you please create a bug report for the issue that you're seeing?

Bug report is created: Kibana View with fix minimum interval shows a tenth of values #43758

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.